Wedding invitations are the number one wedding category where traditional wedding etiquette still holds true of what is proper and what is not. Therefore, here are some etiquette mistakes to avoid so your guests and parents won't take offense.
1. Not listing the parents' names when they're paying for the wedding.
2. Not conveying the formality with your wording. Guests want to know if your wedding will be a formal wedding or not so they know how to dress.
3. Misspelling a guest's name, or not including their title, on the envelope.
4. Putting gift registry information on the invitation. Registry information can go on your personalized wedding Web site and in shower invitations, but never on wedding invitations.
5. Writing, "And Guest" when the recipient is in a long-term relationship or is engaged. Find out the names of your guests' guests. It's a gracious move that is the essence of proper wedding invitation etiquette.
Leave a Comment:
America's Wedding Store!
Note: All prices in US Dollars
Mon - Sun 9am-8pm
Get Wedding Tips to Make Your Day Special! Sign Up for your FREE Newsletter now!