It may seem impossible to pay back your Mom for all her love and support that she has continually offered to you. So let's use this Mother's Day to brainstorm wonderful ways to show appreciation for your mother at your wedding! Besides maybe wearing her wedding dress, read our favorite ideas below and come share with us your ideas, too!
1. Have Mom walk you down the aisle Don't think you need to find a male replacement for that moment if Dad's no longer in your life. Another idea: give one arm to Dad, one arm to Mom, and have both parents walk you down the aisle.
2. Give her a rose during the ceremony. Dad still doing the giving away? Take a moment before you step onto the altar to give your mother a rose from your bouquet. Tuck the rose into your bouquet and present her with it.
3. Dedicate a space to her memory. If your mother has since passed, place a framed photo of her and her favorite flowers on the chair where she would have sat.
4. Include Mom in the getting ready fun. Book her a seat next to yours while you and your bridesmaids are getting your hair and makeup done. Involving her in this girls-only tradition will let her know know that you see her as a friend and confidant, which is the ultimate compliment.
5. Incorporate her wedding veil into your ceremony. You could drape her veil over the wedding arch. This is an excellent compromise if you'd prefer to keep your bridal ensemble to yourself, but still want to show mom some respect for her marital history.
6. Recreate a photo from her wedding day. Sort through Mom's wedding pics and select a photo you find particularly striking (bonus points if it includes her parents). Suprise her by bringing the shot to your wedding and recreating the pose with your photographer—guaranteed she'll be touched by the gesture.
Posted by Diane Cuesta on May 5, 2014 at 6:41 PM under
"Thank you so much for truly making our New Jersey wedding ceremony truly a dream come true!! It was so beautiful and touched so many!! We have a lot to thank you for! You are truly a special person! - Chris & Nicole Marra
Shop online at our new age website http://www.SpiritualitySolutions.com for Crystals, Candles, Incense, Jewelry, Feng Shui Products, Aromatherapy Products, Massage Products, Chakra Healing Products, Self Help Books & so much more!