1. Red Velvet - The perfect compromise if the groom likes vanilla, but the bride likes chocolate. Don't forget the cream cheese frosting!
2. Chocolate Devil's Food - For chocoholics! Go with chocolate devil's food cake layered with chocolate ganache, mocha mousse or fudge filling.
3. Lemon Cake - Since wedding season is at its busiest during the summer, it's no wonder that a citrus-flavored cake is popular with guests. Add strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, or cherries, too!
4. Yellow Butter Cake - You can't go wrong with the most traditional of them all. This basic flavor is paired best with a light, cream filling.
5. Coconut Cake - Great for a destination wedding! Give your guests a tropical flavor textured onto each tier.
6. Champagne Cake - Your cake baker can add some bubbly to the batter instead of water to create a showstopping wedding cake.
7. Spice Cake - A harvest pick (combined with apples and caramel) is perfect for a fall wedding inside a rustic venue like a barn, farm or ranch.
8. Carrot Cake - If you're having many assorted cakes on your dessert table, opt for an unexpected flavor like this one.
9. Banana Walnut Cake - A brunch reception isn't complete without this wake-me-up favorite.